Last week we focused on the fashion dilemma of being an inverted triangle. So what if you are just a triangle? What does that mean? Well generally your hips will be more than 5 percent wider than your shoulder or bust measurement. So what looks best to balance out your lower half? Here are some of our suggestions:
1. Wide leg pants help slim wider hips. They float away from the body at the bottom of the leg.
2. A Boatneck silhouette whether on a blouse or dress gives the illusion of a wider shoulder area which ultimately balances out your hip area.
3. A-line silhouettes are key for this shape. They are figure friendly!
4. Wear brighter colors on top to take emphasis off your lower half.
5. Printed skirts can sometimes make your hips appear larger. Try to keep with a darker background print.
6. Flutter sleeves can add some bulk on top while balancing out the bottom half.
7. Stick with flowing fabrics rather than clingy jersey that will put more attention on the lower half.
Here’s what we found that follow the rules above:
Stay tuned for more Workchic Fitting Room series. Happy Shopping!