Do you have an hourglass shape? What is that exactly? Well you can be defined as having an hourglass shape if your shoulder and hip measurements are roughly the same given a 5% variance. Your waist measurement will be roughly 25% less than your shoulder, hip, and bust measurements. Don’t hide those curves, highlight them! Some celebrities that come to mind with an hourglass shape are Salma Hayek and Jennifer Love Hewitt. Images are courtesy of Google images.
Here are some Workchic suggestions on what you can wear when you have an hourglass shape:
1.Flared trousers or jeans add some balance to an hourglass figure.
2. Wider waistbands whether on a skirt, dress, or pants places emphasis on your waistline.
3. A V-neck whether in a tank or even a button down shirt highlights your collarbone area.
4. Anything with smocking or ruching around the waistline will help accentuate that tiny waistline of yours!
5. Wrap dresses cinch at your waist and smooth over your curves.
6. A-line cuts are the most universally flattering silhouette in skirts and dresses no matter if you are tall or short.
Here are some great options at we found at Target that follow the rules above.
Merona Keyhole Dress-$24.99
Merona Short Sleeve Wrap Dress-$24.99
Merona A-Line Skirt-$14.99
Merona Sleeveless Crossover Vneck-$14.99
Merona Gray Pinstripe Pant-$24.99
Merona Jonny Collar Sleeve-$14.99
Stay tuned for more Workchic Fitting Room Series!