Wow, imagine our surprise when we learned that we were awarded for being a Kreative Blogger! It is an honor that we are happy to share with the many amazing bloggers out there. We were especially honored to be selected by one of our friends, fellow blogger, and woman with amazing style; Sydne Summer of Think Thru Fashion. Sydne thank you for nominating us for this special award!
Now there are rules to accepting this award, and here they are:
1. List 7 things that you (our readers) don’t already know about us.
2. Name 7 other blogs to receive this award.
3. Leave a comment on each of the blogs we nominated.
4. Thank the person who gave us the award
Between our blogs, twitter, and facebook updates there probably isn’t much you don’t know about us and the website, but here are a few, or seven, things you might not know.
1. Melissa and Jennifer met in 2007 while taking a class at FIT to learn more about creating a website. They became fast friends and dreamed up what is now Workchic.com shortly thereafter.
2. We volunteer at Dress for Success as personal shoppers. Our responsibility is to help job seekers find a donated suit that best fits them and the job they are interviewing for.
3. Our office is generally located at a coffee shop in NYC. Our current favorite spot is Think Coffee near NYU.
4. Workchic.com has just launched a directory to help you find image/wardrobe consultants, personal shoppers, and stylists in your particular area.
5. People mistake us for sisters all of the time. Maybe we are starting to look alike after working together into the wee hours of the morning?
6. Jennifer enjoys sewing and making unique quilts in her free time.
7. Melissa loves exploring flea markets and antique fairs for that unique vintage find!
Now that you know a little more about us. We want to share seven of our favorite bloggers with you. Be sure to visit their sites and learn why we nominated them.
Vintage Shopping Guide: Find tips on buying vintage, and a list of vintage shops in your area.
Shoe Smitten: She loves shoes more then anyone we know.
The Office Stylist: Style more then your wardrobe, learn to style your desk and office space.
Fashion Grail: Shows you how to redo or improve on celebrity style.
The Looks for Less: The name says it all, we especially like her steal the real segment.
Working Girl: Your typical, or not so typical, day at the office.
What Would Krissie Wear: See her nail Workchic style for her conservative corporate job.
We can’t thank Sydne enough for nominating us for this award! Be sure to check out Think Thru Fashion today!