Well, I want to share a few of my current favorite things. Shiny and glitzy ~ you know it’s that time of the year! Nothing expensive of course, but it’s all these little details that finish off the style, and puts a smile on my face.
- Equal parts dazzling and pretty, I couldn’t resist this Glam Case for my new iPhone 6 Plus. An affordable case with lots of shimmer, just what I was looking for. The champagne hue complements the gold tone perfectly. Browse through their entire collection for your new case or as a holiday gift.
- I love vintage-y costume jewelry. I like to visit flea markets for unique finds or simply browse online for deals. Right now, this Crystal Feather Bib necklace offers a major statement in sweet antique style for not much bank. Drape it over a crisp button shirt. And I wore this Cut-Out Spade Necklace in my previous personal outfit post.
- Go for va-va-voom lips with a L’Oreal Extraordinaire Color Riche Liquid Lipsticks (shown in Rouge Allegro). Amazing!
- Victoria’s Secret Secret Charm, what I can describe as a really pretty yet light floral with a hint of fruit. It must be the honeysuckle that makes this scent pleasing to my nose. I layer it over body butter in the same fragrance.
- I simply slip on my coral and gold cocktail ring any time I want to add a bit of warmth to my outfit. Here is another ring I love in a more rustic style.
- Those faux pearl earrings are from Michael’s. Yes, and they were on sale for $2.50!
See more of my instagram photos and inspiration here!
This smaller Baker watch (28mm case) is just perfect for everyday wear without being right in your face. The best part to me are the colors, ‘mint + gold’ as the combination is refreshing yet warm. An easy way to complement your professional attire. See more color and style options here.
As a full-time blogger/writer, it’s important for me to have an inspiring workspace. An inspiring working environment to me is simply an uncluttered, neat & quiet place to sit along with a few essentials at my disposal. And yes, an outdoor view is a must. The right surroundings encourages work efficiency as well as creativity.
Some of the must-haves by my laptop are a cup of jasmine green tea, aromatic things like candles and rosemary, iPhone, notebooks and a stack of magazines. I also added these two accessories to brighten up my black desk – Monogrammed Acrylic Pencil Cup & Kate Spade Acrylic Stapler. Clear acrylic & gold screamed to be paired together!
Both of the items are from Design Darling, the online boutique & life style blog ran by Mackenzie Horan. Check her NYC apartment to see more of her dazzling decor style.
I used the pencil cup as a floral vase instead. You can use this versatile acrylic container however you wish! The stapler is proudly displaying on top of my mags unlike the ugly stapler that I hid inside the drawer prior.
A little change can enhance your working mood whether a fresh candle, flowers or small desk accessories. When things are pleasing to the eye, they sure are good for the mind! Take a look at this collection of ever-inspiring workspaces from chic home offices to outdoor studios.
Disclosure: Design Darling provided me with the accessories in exchange for writing a review. All opinions expressed in this post are purely my own.
For the majority of us, scarves are a year-round wardrobe essential. I personally can’t go without one (even in summer) for some extra warmth & style. Fashion house icon Burberry showcased an easy way to boost one’s overall look by simply belting a scarf.
Burberry Prorsum FW 2014
Drape a long scarf around your neck and let each end hang in the front. Then cinch it up with a belt. A silky, printed scarf in corresponding color(s) to the rest of outfit will effortlessly tie the whole look together.
As an example, this bright lemon scarf will pop beautifully against the midi black dress below. And the belt will make the outfit more put together as office wear. Check out Ann Taylor for a fabulous collection of scarves at reasonable price points!
Do you own or maybe you’ve heard of the High Heeler heel protectors by Solemates? They recently became my wardrobe essential.
In the past, I unwillingly chose not to wear a few pairs of my favorite heels (expensive ones) in fear of ruining them from general wear & tear. I hesitated even more after attending an outdoor wedding a couple years back where I ruined a good pair of suede pumps from walking around in a grassy field. By the end, the heels were such a mess, covered in dirt where my heels sunk into the soil. Sound familiar?
While searching for ways to protect shoes from outdoor abuse, I came across this site called The Solemates. It’s a simple yet best solution to all my ‘heel’ problems! These heel protectors (covers or caps) offered by Solemates serve two main purposes ~ prevention (from falling/sinking) & protection (from damages).
Which means no more getting stuck in cement grooves, falling into small cracks or sinking into grass. I’m putting all my weight down and was able to stand firmly on grass (above) without sinking in.
There are 4 colors in clear, black, silver and gold. I recommend getting at least the clear & black colors. I use the black ones on black pairs and clear ones on all my other colored heels. Just put them on wherever you go from the office to your favorite dinner spot ~ give your coveted shoes added longevity! I love the look of the black pair on black pumps.
Available in 3 sizes. Each fits snug and comfortably while adding a bit of stability as well. Here are ways to benefit from the heel covers:
- Prevents high heels from sinking into grass
- Prevents damage to antique floors and woven carpets
- Protects on cobblestones, bricks, grates and wooden decks
- Preserve shoes
- Perfect for weddings, outdoor events and everyday use including work
Aside from heel protectors, Solemates also offer other products such as foot & heel cushions, anti-skid pads,.. etc. There are also these SOS kits as well, Wedding Rescue Kit & Shoe Rescue Kit ~ they include all the nitty gritty essentials for weddings & unexpected emergencies. I would have been much better prepared for the wedding if I had this kit back then.
I hope these Solemates products will be as useful to you as they have been for me. You can buy them directly from the site or other retailers like Nordstrom or David’s Bridal.