The look from Stylebop on the left makes for chic casual office attire yet the whole outfit costs over $4000. I’ve put together a similar style for much less. The cotton-jersey blazer is both comfortable and cozy. Instead of a tiny clutch, grab a practical messenger bag to haul all your essentials.
Blazer | Top | Pants | Bag | Boots
Sin City is not only the entertainment mecca but also a major attraction for conventions and trade shows for business industries from all over the world. There is no place like Las Vegas to integrate business with pleasure, either way, you can undermine the importance of dressing accordingly & appropriately.
As with any business related trip, one needs to practice the art of light packing. If you are heading to Vegas, focus on just a few key pieces to seamlessly transitions through various events – an outfit that can take you from career affairs to a night out at the casino.
Here is one example. Let the color RED be the statement by slipping into a smart shift dress as well as red lips to inject an element of glam. Now, that’s what I call a lady in red! Fancy up your night look with a metallic or sequin jacket.
- Pure Collection Shift Dress – Dress to wear everywhere from a formal event to a cocktail party. The three quarter length sleeves and scoop neckline offer ample options for accessorizing.
- DVF 440 Mini Ombre Snake Bag - The chain strap can be worn as a shoulder bag (double straps) or as a crossbody (single strap), day or night!
- Cole Haan Chelsea Pumps – Don’t skip on a chance to strut in a hot pair of heels in Vegas. These black patent pumps are sexy yet elegant in every way.
- Skagen Perspektiv Two-Hand Leather Watch – Add an extra splash of red to your ensemble with this colorful timepiece.
You have to look good to feel good especially in Vegas where it can help you win big. One of my favorite ways to pass time in Vegas has to be at the roulette tables (preferably either at Wynn or Venetian). Even spectating is fun. Feeling lucky but too tired to hit the tables after a day filled with meetings? Resort to some online fun instead like GamingClub.com/au/online-roulette in the comfort of your hotel room. Although as much as I prefer getting-online-for-everything, there is nothing quite like venturing out & about and exploring the Vegas strip!
Classic will always be in style as in this Classic Wool-Blend Blazer with a sophisticated style and needed warmth during the cooler weather months. Every working woman should have a go-to blazer, and this blazer is a steal at the price of only $59.99. Bonus! Available in 7 colors (also in petite, tall & women). You might want to get a couple of colors at this bargain price. From Chadwicks.
Hi, Do you have any summer ideas for my working wardrobe? I live in South America, it is so hot here. Thanks.
As most of us are enjoying newly colored leaves and cooler temperatures here in North America, there are parts of the world living in the midst of heat right now. Living in a hot climate calls for a certain office attire that is much more ideal for the heat rather than heavy suits that some of us are accustomed to wearing. Here are a few key basics to keep your look feeling cool and polished at work. Oh, and do not skip on your sunscreen!
- Airy Blouse – Breezy, sheer tops are perfect to wear on hot days at the office – just be sure to layer underneath. We favor fluid chiffon or silk blouses. It’s feels like you are wearing almost nothing. Get it in several colors and prints to rotate though the summer.
- Peplum Top – Peplum tops have struck the right chord with us here at WorkChic. The elegant yet flirty shape creates a fabulous work look when worn with pencil skirts or pants. Even sleeveless styles can be quite sophisticated.
- Wedge Sandals – Keep your feet comfortable and breathable without sacrificing style. So no excuse for flip flops or thong sandals. We prefer walkable wedges that lengthen the legs as well.
- Pleated Skirt – Think ventilation! A pleated skirt in an ultra-forgiving silhouette and bright color will give you the summery feel without resorting to short skirts.
- Lightweight Cardigan – Sweltering outdoor temperatures usually mean of course it will be freezing indoors. A light cardigan is not only great for layering for warmth but added modesty as well.
- Sunglasses – This obvious choice as an essential. Add that sassy finishing touch while out & about during lunch and off work functions. The bigger the better in our minds.
We also had a reader from Australia wanting to know where she can shop for low-budget apparel especially dresses. Miller is one of the super affordable shops based out of Australia offering affordable tops, skirts and dresses online to accommodate the local warm weather right now.
Do you have questions or requests regarding workwear? Simply email us here!
Undoubtedly, one of the most exciting things about the nights drawing in is the knowledge that it’s time to choose your autumn and winter wardrobe for work. It’s an ideal opportunity to refresh your workwear collection and to update your personal look at the same time. Don’t worry though, the colder months don’t mean hiding away in long trousers during the working day. Dresses are major news this season, and there are hundreds of pretty styles available. So, here are five tips to help you work your way fashionably through the coming months.
Think Skater Dress
There are some very pretty little dresses around which take their inspiration from a variety of dancers ranging from ballet dancers through to ice dancers. This doesn’t necessarily mean turning up at the office in a tutu (unless you dance for a living) but rather working in a subtle dancer theme.
For example, you could go for a skater dress, complete with flirty skirt and ruched jersey sleeves. Or, you could go for a more moderate fit and flare dress which gives just a hint of skater skirt. And if you want to be really subtle, choose a dress with a ditzy ballet dancer motif.
Colors that are easy on the eye work well and offer a streamlined look. Wearing a powerful black dress alongside subtle accessories gives a formal and professional look. Dressing classy provides great first impressions particularly when meeting clients. The fall AW 2012 dresses collection at ASOS can help bring your wardrobe into the new season.
(continue reading this article…)