From Jackie Onassis to Princess Diana to Carla Bruni-Sarkozy, these ladies are the proof that elegant and classy style is truly timeless. Carla Bruni-Sarkozy donned many winning looks as the First Lady of France (soon to be former). We are at least impressed by her impeccable French style. Today we’ve created three inspired looks after her ever-sophisticated ensembles. Each look can easily work for the office - with pieces at affordable prices!
Bruni-Sarkozy often sports flat shoes on public events (so she won’t tower over her rather short husband). She has given us plenty of examples on how to look elegant in a pair of flats including the outfit below. Here’s our budget version featuring a light blue cardigan, navy pencil skirt, bow flats (sale!) and black satchel (sale!).
(continue reading this article…)
At theoutnet.com, get an extra 30 percent off spring’s 9 to 5 wardrobe (from now until 4/16 12pm EDT). Don’t miss out on these designer items as they are likely to sell out fast!
These timeless pieces will effortlessly incorporate into your existing workwear. Wear them now to well through the spring & beyond.
1. Sleek Booties - Ankle booties look good with virtually all pants, and skirts/dresses in all lengths. Our favorite pair has to be these office-appropriate leather booties in Greige.
2. Striped Top – This nautical striped top will brighten up any drab winter day. Enjoy mixing colors? Sneak in a bright bottom for chic shocks of color.
3. Classic Trench – Epitome of coolness. We simply can’t get enough of trench coats here at WorkChic. This almond-hued Classic Trench will keep your work look up-to-date any time, any day.
4. Vibrant Sheath Dress – Simple silhouette in a punchy color. Purple sheath dress? Absolutely. Talk about a perfect office-to-out dress.
5. Wear-With-Everything Satchel - Ladylike as it is casual, this black glossy leather satchel comes packed with style along with ample room for your essentials. The adjustable shoulder strap lends us a hands-free option.
Photos via luckymag, afashionloveaffair, waynetippetts, michelleobamawatch, streetpeeper